Monday, February 9, 2009

25 things all about me

  1. I can lick the bottom of my nose. I can lick my elbows. No, its not impossible.
  2. Zinnias are my favorite flower. I’m not really sure why, but I love them. Maybe because when I was younger my mom let Anthony and I each pick a type of flower seed to plant. I chose zinnias, he chose carnations. I think I’ve loved them since.

  3. I got my drivers license when I was 18 years old. My parents bribed me with 1000$ if I waited till I was 18 to get my license. Plus, it saved me insurance money, and the money for behind the wheel lessons.
  4. I’ve never gotten a ticket. It probably helps that I’ve only been driving for about 2 and a half years. And, I’m only home for about 4 months out of the year, which now would add up to 12 months of driving. Plus a little bit here and there on the side with Janthony’s car.
  5. I hate making decisions. Especially when it effects other people. Even if there is something I would SLIGHTLY prefer, I’d rather make sure the person I’m with is completely happy, so I want them to choose.
  6. I hate when people are upset with me. I hate it more than anything. I love making other people happy, and if find out I disappointed someone or hurt their feelings it breaks my heart. I especially am bothered when someone is mad at me for no reason.
  7. My favorite color is pink. Almost anyone can guess that by my lack of other colors when it comes to some of my accessories. I hardly wear any pink clothing though. But yes my backpack, duffle bag, lap top, lap top case, headphones, umbrella, etc. are pink.
  8. I really want to go sky diving someday. It is something I just HAVE To do before I die.
  9. Lake Powell is one of my favorite places on the planet. Its been years since I’ve been there. But those weeks every summer when I was younger are some of my fondest memories. Cliff jumping, tubing, knee boarding, learning to water ski, swimming, washing myself in the lake, getting sun burned, getting bit by red ants, killing rattle snakes, fishing, launching illegal fireworks. It also doesn’t hurt how warm the water is, or that its gorgeous with its looming red rock cliffs. (obviously this isn't me, its Anthony and Shane. But look sweet it is!)
  10. I love going to concerts. I haven’t been to a good one since last year, I think the last one was a Limbeck concert on Valentine’s Day. Though, I have gone to a couple of fun shows at Velour recently.
  11. Someday I NEED to hear Sherwood in concert, because 1. I’ve heard its amazing 2. I love them and 3. I tried once and our stupid tickets had the wrong start time for the concert.
  12. I just counted and I only have 28 more days of class this semester. 28! Don’t be fooled though, it is 73 days till the last day of finals. And honestly, I don’t really care how fast the end of the semester comes. I just want it to be WARMER.
  13. For once in my life (okay, so maybe its happened before) I love all of my classes. A couple of them are killer and hard as heck, but I STILL love them. I love the subject matter of all of them (phonology not QUITE as much, only cause I don’t totally understand it always), I love what I am studying, I love what I am learning and I even love (like?) the people in my classes.
  14. Phonetics is my favorite class. I love going to class and learning about different things that I, or others, do in the English language, and why we do it. I love learning about the different dialects, with vowel variation, or the different pronunciations of . Today we learned about intonation. Did you know that if you give all your sentences a ‘rise’ you will sound like a valley girl?
  15. I take everything I learn in Phonetics, and listen to how people “in real life” talk, and yes, I judge them. I know I don’t speak perfectly, I even say mountain as /maʊnʔn̩/ (both vowels are nasalized) most of the time. But, I still loving hearing the different ways people say things. I hate that some people don’t distinguish between feel and fill, or pin and pen, and other things like that. Stinkin’ vowel mergers.
  16. The people in my family are my favorite people in the world. My parents, Anthony, Jana especially. But I love my grandparents and all my cousins, and aunts and uncles so much too! I love when we have get togethers with all our family. So hectic, and so fun.

  17. My favorite food is chicken enchiladas. I like to eat almost anything with chicken. It is just so tasty. BBQ chicken and chicken parmesan are also on the top of my list of foods to eat.
  18. I tried escargot once. I even swallowed it, though it made me gag at least 6 times on its way down.
  19. I declared my major as ‘Linguistics’ about 2 weeks ago. I decided about a year ago it was what I wanted to study, but I had to take the intro class to make sure, and after it was finished I wasn’t back in Utah till now. My emphasis with Linguistics has slightly changed in the past year.
  20. I want to be a speech therapist. Or an ESL teacher. Or an ASL interpreter. And of course a mother, most of all a mother.
  21. I like to pretend I can speak German. I like to pretend I can sign too. I AM learning though. Or as nicely stated by Braden, I am perfecting the both of them.
  22. I want my future children to be at least bilingual. I just have to 1. Learn better German first and 2. Decide if I can manage to speak to them in German while teaching them American sign language as babies.
  23. I have been to all 50 states, and (I think) 20 countries. I love traveling. New Zealand is on top of my list of places to visit next.
  24. I lived in Vienna, Austria for almost 4 months. To date those are my favorite 4 months of my life. I would love to adopt the Greindl’s (the family who I lived with) and keep them forever. Also, I want to keep the friends I made while I was there forever, those from Austria as well as the girls (and boys) studying there with me.
  25. I absolutely LOVE life. I have almost nothing to complain about right now, so why do it. If you catch me complaining, please remind me that I am so blessed and so happy right now (and always).

1 comment:

Claire said...

You are so blessed and so happy right now. I'm not saying that because you complained. It's just so true. Thanks for being so optimistic and making me feel so good when I'm with you.
I love when I get texts from you too. Like tonight. We've been through a lot together and I love it that you trust me to help you figure things out. Let's sit down and really talk soon, okay?